ABB is a publically owned engineering company (NYSE: ABB), with corporate headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies (www.abb.com), with more than 145,000 employees in over 100 countries. Total revenue in 2011 was approximately $38 billion. ABB was formed as the result of a merger in 1988 between two engineering companies (ASEA from Sweden, founded in 1891, and Brown Boveri of Switzerland, founded in 1883). For more than 120 years, as one of the world’s leading engineering companies, ABB has helped its customers use electric power efficiently, to increase productivity and to lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
ABB is committed to maintain the highest standards of business ethics and integrity in both the workplace and in the marketplace. ABB makes major contributions to the businesses and communities it serves around the world, and views its reputation of delivering quality products with integrity as one of its most valuable assets. ABB’s people are the key to maintaining these standards and ABB’s success.
About ABB Tropos Wireless Research Center
The ABB Tropos Wireless Research Center, located in Sunnyvale, CA is a part of ABB’s Utility Communications product group. ABB Utility Communications offers turn-key private communication network solutions to electric utility, oil & gas, mining, transportation, and other customer business sectors around the world.
The mission of the ABB Tropos Wireless Research Center is two-fold:
- Serve as a global center of excellence for wireless networking products and systems. Personnel at the ABB Tropos Wireless Research Center define, design, develop, and manufacture wireless communication products as well as associated wireless network management software, to complement ABB’s overall global communication product portfolio.
- Serve as the North American local engineering center for communication network system solution sales to ABB customers.
Senior Software Engineer - IP Services (3 positions)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our innovative engineering team building large scale wireless solutions for the Smart Grid market. Our products provide wireless network infrastructure for Smart Grid utility applications such as Distribution Automation, Advanced Metering Infrastructure, and Mobile Workforce. Please join us as we experience tremendous growth in the marketplace and roll out new systems.
Description of Duties:
- Design and implement network and platform software for our family of products.
- Drive software design and development relating to network and system architecture, functionality and serviceability.
- Investigate new technologies.
- Work closely with product management, system test and customer service.
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- 6+ years of experience developing software for TCP/IP network protocols, IPv6, IPSec, VLANs and platform modules on an embedded Linux operating system.
- Solid knowledge with embedded Linux operating system, experience on Linux device driver development preferred.
- Excellent software development skills, strong C coding and debugging skills, design for testability.
- Experience with 802.11 wireless standards and networks preferred.
- Track record designing and delivering robust and resilient systems and applications.
- A high degree of self-motivation and flexibility.
- Ability and willingness to proactively interact and achieve exceptional results in a dynamic environment.
If you are interested in joining the Tropos team, please send email with your resume to:
Please, no recruiters.